schedule of events
Events Occur Rain or Shine
10 am Grounds Open
10 am - 4 pm Encampment & sutlers at cliveden
10 am - 4 pm Food on germantown avenue
10 am - 3pm beer garden at upsala
10 am - 3 pm children's activities with the sites of Historic
germantown at upsala including:
Aces Museum: Jump da' Broom
Awbury Arboretum: Historic plants & THeir uses
Historic fair hill: colonial hospital tent
Grumblethorpe: Hand Cranked Ice cream
Stenton: colonial dress up
Wyck: colonial games
10 am meet george washington
10 am - 11:30 am Cliveden open for tours
10:45 am Surprise of germantown - tom mcguire at Cliveden
11 am presentation by george washington at upsala
11:30 am mcGregor pipe band
12 pm battle re-enactment
1 pm - 2:30 pm cliveden open for tours
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm children's muster at upsala
1:45 pm Surprise of germantown - tom mcguire at Cliveden
2:30 pm presentation by ned hector at upsala
2:30 pM Mcgregor pipe band
3 pm battle reenactment
Other events Around Historic Germantown
10 AM - 4 PM Tour the Germantown white house - Deshler-Morris House (5442 Germantown Ave)
- Visit the house that British General Howe occupied after the battle. General Washington stayed in the same house in the 1790’s when he was President. Entrance is next door at 5448 Germantown Avenue. Admission is free and the first 100 families will be given a souvenir.
12 - 4 PM Germantown mennonite meetinghouse (6133 germantown ave)
- Visit the 1770 meetinghouse for a free tour.
12 - 4 PM Johnson House (6306 germantown ave)
- Visit this home that experienced the Battle of Germantown and was a station on the Underground Railroad. Admission fees may apply.
12 - 4 PM Wyck (6026 Germantown Ave)
- Built in 1690, this home was used as a hospital during the Battle of Germantown. Admission fees may apply.
2 – 2:30PM Graveside ceremony at the Concord School & Upper Burying Ground
(6309 Germantown Ave)
- Listen to the ringing of the Concord School bell
4:30 – 7:30PM Oktoberfest at Grumblethorpe (5267 Germantown ave)
End your festival day at Grumblethorpe, a 1744 colonial German country seat, for a traditional Oktoberfest. Music, German food, beer, house tours, and more. 5267 Germantown Avenue.
AND FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER!
return to top